After achieving initial traction at the time of launch, a home & kitchenware brand’s sales had stagnated. The brand was operating in more than a dozen, highly commoditised product categories, with cut-throat competition on price and value.
NorthSide was engaged to revive momentum and build sustainable demand for the brand’s products by developing a strategy and executing it in-market.
NorthSide diagnosed that the brand needed a fresh positioning that could break the clutter in the commoditised space and justify premiums while being relevant and appealing across its diverse product categories.
Despite a variety of brands to choose from, Indian homemakers are disappointed at the level of understanding that brands display toward their needs; offering poorly designed products.
- Identified the usage drivers & barriers for 12+ categories & subcategories.
- Defined the ‘where to play’ area for the brand using NorthSide’s proprietary 7Ws and Competition Framework.
- Identified key consumer insights that cut across categories.
- Identified ‘hero products’ that consumers felt were differentially better than competition to be the core of the brand.
- Developed four and identified one winning concept that was differentiated and relevant for the brand through consumer testing.
- Developed tagline, visual identity and communication for the brand.
- Developed communication & messaging architecture at the brand level, laddered down to each product category.
- Developed and executed a launch campaign on social & digital media.
- Developed and executed an e-commerce relaunch strategy and launched the Amazon store.
- Increase distribution on e-commerce to 3 platforms.
- Leveraged consumer acceptance of positioning to direct innovation pipeline and hence future growth.
- E-commerce sales grew 12X within 8 months of in-market execution.
- E-commerce contributes 20% of overall sales.
- First-time product trials generated in 10+ new cities.
- Added 5pp to the growth rate in offline retail channels.